Weddings & Honeymoons
If your dream setting for saying “I do” is that of a tropical hideaway boasting lush islands surrounded by warm aquamarine seas, pristine beaches, breezes whispering secret treasures, scenery of unparalleled beauty and uniqueness, then Seychelles is all you are dreaming of.
From the mountainous granitic islands, to the serenity of the flat coral atolls, Seychelles offers a full range of stunning sites as diverse as they are beautiful... choose among a variety of locations, from 5* star Resorts, private villa estates to the small affordable establishments. Get married on an island faraway, on one of the main islands or have an unforgettable ceremony at sea...where you say “I do” ..is up to you..simply dare to realise your dream by turning to 7°South.
Leave all the wedding arrangements with us. Our professional team will listen to your needs, advise and assist with the preparations – taking advantage of all the latest wedding packages and honeymoon deals on offer.
From choosing the venue and setup, the bouquet, the cake, presentation of the wedding certificate, to choosing the perfect honeymoon package, 7°South will be there all the way to add the special touches and ensure you are offered nothing less than the best of Seychelles for your special occasion.
Seychelles offers the perfect and unique location for your honeymoon:
- top class honeymoon resorts where you will relax in the lap of luxury.
- enjoy privacy and seclusion – intimate moments.
- the resorts offer great facilities for dining which can include a romantic dinner on the beach under the stars or indulging in a rejuvenating spa massage in a setting designed in harmony with nature, complementing the island’s beauty.
- most resorts/hotels have special offers for honeymooners. This may include discounts on rooms/or room upgrade, welcome cocktail, champagne, seafood dinner and gifts...
Seychelles offers the perfect and unique location for your wedding and honeymoon!!!
Getting Married In Seychelles
- Copies of relevant pages of both passports showing identity picture, details of name, date of birth, country of birth, and date of validity of passports. Passports must be valid.
- Copies of both Birth Certificates.
- Copies of documents to show that there is no impediment or lawful hindrance to the marriage.
- Copies of Divorce Decrees (decree nisi absolute) if applicable.
- Copies of Death Certificates of former spouses if applicable.
- Copies of Previous Marriage Certificates, if widowed.
- Copies of any Name Change Documents if applicable.
- Copies of parental consent for parties less than 18 years of age.
All documents must be in English or French. For original documents in any other language, an English
Translation must be submitted. A Sworn Translator must certify the translation.
Copies of all documents (and translations where applicable) must reach 7°South at least 3 weeks
before the planned wedding date. The guests must travel with the original documents.
Civil ceremonies can be performed at hotels on Mahé, Praslin and La Digue on Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays) between 14:00 and 17:00 local time, subject to availability of Registrar.
On request, and for an additional charge to cover transport and expenses of the Registrar, ceremonies can be organised on the other Outer Islands on request.
Church weddings are also possible for different denominations however three to six months notice prior to the wedding is required. The Roman Catholic and Anglican Dioceses will not consider the blessing of a marriage of non-residents unless certain set conditions are met (contact us for more details).
- Must be over 18 years old. Women under 18 need parental consent.
- Weddings performed by a Registrar (Civil Status Officer) are recognised in all countries.
Special procedures apply for Russian, German and French nationals (contact us for details).
- Minimum stay in Seychelles: 3 days provided all documents have been submitted to Registrar for publication at least 14 days before the wedding.